YCIS Qingdao provides an all-rounded education that shapes students into balanced and responsible citizens of the global community. YCIS Qingdao students excel in academics, from Mathematics and Science to the Languages, History, and Geography. Arts and Music also play a vital role at YCIS Qingdao, as do sports, leadership, and service. These all help build an impressive and diverse student body that is well prepared for the future.
Top in Academics
YCIS Qingdao students are known for their excellence in academics, including stellar examination results and overall scholastic achievement. A rigorous academic programme, paired with a holistic approach to education, is one of the main reasons why YCIS Qingdao graduates continue to be accepted into top-ranked universities around the world.
YCIS Qingdao is accredited by CIS and BSA, is a College Board member, and is an authorised IB World School and CIE exam centre.
YCIS Qingdao students consistently maintain IGCSE and IBDP grade averages well above the global averages.
IGCSE Results 2020
Congratulations to the Year 11 students on achieving their International General Certificates of Secondary Education (IGCSE) for this academic year.
Out of the returning students enrolled for their IGCSE, many were rewarded for their perseverance and dedication by receiving remarkable results including:
- 20% of students received straight A* and/or As in nine or more subjects;
- 50% of all grades achieved were A* or A
- 92.5% of all grades achieved were between A*-C
- 4 – the average number of A* or A grades per student
- 50% of students who registered for the prestigious International Certificate of Education (ICE) received a distinction
World Class International Baccalaureate Results
IB Diploma 2020 Results
- 100% of our graduates were awarded the IB Diploma
- The average combined score of the class of 2020 was 36 – well above the worldwide average of 29.9
- The diploma mean grade achieved by our students was 5.63, much higher than the worldwide average of 4.8
- All students were awarded the bilingual diploma – a testament to the strength of our Chinese/English bilingual programme which begins in our ECE school
Champions in Sports
An education at YCIS Qingdao goes beyond the classroom to include after-school sports and a Co-Curricular Programme. Athletic events and team building play a critical role in the development of globally competitive citizens who are prepared to meet and exceed the challenges of the future.
YCIS Qingdao students compete in one of the most popular leagues amongst international schools in China: The Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (ACAMIS).
We are also part of the local league QISN (Qingdao International School Network).
Our students achieve individual and team sports awards in their leagues every year.
Giving Back to the Community
YCIS students have many opportunities to interact with and support not only the local community but organisations worldwide. With “Align with Love and Charity”, a key part of our school motto, YCIS students continue to develop individual character through our CAS programme, a major element of our IB Diploma programme.
What is CAS?
- Creativity – exploring and extending ideas leading to an original or interpretive product or performance
- Activity – physical exertion contributing to a healthy lifestyle
- Service – collaborative and reciprocal engagement with the community in response to an authentic need
CAS gives students the opportunity to take what they are learning outside the classroom in fun and exciting ways. They have an opportunity to identify their own strengths as well as developing areas for growth. They can demonstrate to themselves and others exciting challenges undertaken, and new skills developed. They can learn and demonstrate initiative and planning skills, while also showing perseverance in carrying out those same plans! They can develop team-working skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively. They can engage with issues of global significance and consider the ethics of choices and actions. The experiences will differ depending on the personality, skills and goals of each individual student, but the opportunity for learning and developing these very important life skills is the same.